If you take your comics tangible and believe vinyl is the only way to listen to music, then Waxwork Records has something just for you. The record company has been working on remastering their music collection, but that hasn’t stopped it from venturing into new ventures, like their very first comic book—“House of Waxwork.” It’s a horror anthology that comes with a seven-inch companion vinyl record. Color us hipster.
Written with original content and inked by contemporary artists, the comic will feature great writers and great composers. In the debut issues, readers will discover what “happens to an unsuspecting vacationing family when a cursed board game thrusts them into an actual fight for survival in Occult Slumber Party, penned by Gabe Soria (“Batman ’66”) and with music by Douglas Pipes (“Krampus,” “Trick ‘r Treat”).”
No comic would be complete with variants, and the issue first issue has two. One highlights Occult Slumber Party while the other Lighthouse Keeper, depending on which cover and record design strikes your fancy. The first issue is available now for $14.95. Have a haunted listening.
- All New 32 Page Horror-Anthology Comic Book
- Featuring the stories: Occult Slumber Party and Lighthouse Keeper
- Cover Art By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative
- All Original Music by Rami Sharkey, Kevin Dredge, The Budapest Scoring Symphonic Orchestra, Douglas Pipes, and Creeper
- Featuring Gabe Soria, Christian DiBari, Mike Spicer, Kevin Bergeron, Jonas Scharf, Jordan Boyd, Marc Shoenbach, Gary Pullin
- Occult Slumber Party Variant with Forest Green and Olive Splatter 7” Soundtrack Vinyl
- Lighthouse Keeper Variant with Ocean Blue and Aqua Splatter 7” Soundtrack Vinyl